Roku is one of the best streaming devices forever. It is an excellent piece of tech that gives you so many entertainment things which are all available through the internet. And I am really to give the knowledge credits to kodiroku.com. The information I am about to share were collected from major sites. And this is one of the major contributor.
Put Kodi on Roku
We cannot install Kodi on Roku in a technical way but we can use the Roku’s feature to get Kodi on the TV Screen. We have to do is mirror Kodi on Roku. Kodi is always available for all the operating systems such as Windows, Android, iOS, Mac OS, and much more. We can be able to mirror the Kodi on Roku by just following the below steps carefully.
Step 1: First you have to go to Roku Homepage and then select the Settings and click on the System Updates. Make sure that you have the latest Roku OS and if any update is available, then you need to update the software and it should be v.5.6 or above.
The Roku OS 8 is a new update for Roku and it is available for free of cost and will be available on Roku stick, Roku Boxes and Roku Partner TV sets like Roku’s TCL TV. The update will not be available on older Roku devices. You will get the Roku OS 8 update by the end of the year 2017 if you didn’t get the Roku OS 8 update yet.
- Go back to Settings> Screen Mirroringwhich is the latest feature in Roku. Open it and Enable the Screen Mirroring.
- After enabling the Screen mirroring on Roku, you can start mirroring from any device you wanted. Be it Windows laptop or Android phone or an iPhone.
Get Kodi on Roku Via Android Smartphone
Before doing this, make sure your Android smartphone and Roku is connected to the same network.
- Go to Settingson your Android and then Go to Display.
- Now there is a Castoption that let you mirror the Android screen on your TV through Roku. In some Android phones, you will get the same feature with the different name like Smart View, Display Mirroring, Screen Casting, Wireless Display, HTC Connect.
- On your Roku, EnableScreen Mirroring by going to Settings of Roku.
- Once you enabled it, your Android phone would show the name of your Roku and you just need to select it on your phone. After that, you would see Android Screen on your TV through Roku.
Get Kodi on Roku Via Windows Laptop
Similarly, you can Get Kodi on Roku via Windows Laptop that is running on Windows 8.1 or above. To get Kodi for Roku via Windows Laptop, follow these steps.
Note: I am using Windows 10 Laptop and make sure your laptop and Roku is connected with network connection (wireless or wired)
- Go to Settingsfrom Start Menu.
- Now go to Devices. On the left-hand side, there is sub-menu. Go to Connected Devices.
- At the top, click on Add a Device.
- It will search for your Roku. Make sure you have Enabled Screen Mirroring on Roku.
- Once it gets done, you would see your Laptop screen on your TV. Now, open Kodi on your Windows and Get Kodi on Roku.